Thursday, April 24, 2008



Fun spring days here -- with daffodils all blooming. It's really, really hard to make the kids stay inside and do much school. We've been taking our books to the deck, but I confess that I've been a slack teacher. I know these 70-degree days of warm sunshine just won't last ... and then we'll buckle down again! In the meantime, the forts in the woods have had a lot of action. Grandpa Verlin will be pleased to know the hammock is rarely empty as well.
Today we met some friends at Snake Creek (just down the mountain) and helped stock the creek with buckets of trout. Fun, fun! It was a gorgeous day -- and who cares about Spanish class when you can touch fish & slip into the creek?!? This evening we had dance lessons, so the younger kids and I played at the park while the big girls danced. I had fun reading a couple chapters of a book, walking the path & helping little people go potty. The last part really wasn't fun, but it's part of it. I called Jenny & she had to take little people potty right when they got to B's soccer game. Goes with the territory of motherhood I guess!
Goodnight -- and don't forget to remind them to go potty BEFORE leaving the house! (although, sometimes it doesn't matter). And, goodnight!
E & I are reading The Hobbit -- one of the perks of homeschooling -- a justified excuse to sit in the sun & savor a good book! :)

No comments: