Monday, July 28, 2008


Here we are at Unicoi State Park where we had a wonderful day of playing in the sand & water with Jenny & family. I think Jenny has a better write-up with more photos on her blog, so be sure and check that out. (see sidebar)
(late June)


Here are the kids with Grandpa Verlin & Grandma Jane on the 4th. After the big parade, we leisurely explored all of the vendors on the green. Before departing we just had to get funnel cakes and ice creams.






Grandpa & Grandma left this morning. They did a great job of taking care of our kids, the house, laundry and more. I think the grandparents should finish raising the kids! They replaced our frustrating washing machine & dryer with the new high efficiency front-loader models. I've been dreaming about that type of washer for years, so I was more than excited to discover them installed & working upon our return late Saturday night. I've been washing clothes, towels, & sheets all day!

This morning we picked a bucket load of green beans. My kitchen table is covered with blueberries from last night's efforts. We also have cucumbers, zucchini and a few yellow squash. Yeah! The kids had to pay me back in five minutes of weeding for every green bean I found in their section. Boy, that improved their thoroughness!! Emily & Briella picked their areas clean! Jared & Marci ... well, they'll do better next time I think :).
Goodnight for now.

No comments: