Thursday, August 14, 2008


The family back together ... finally!

Girls riding for the end-of-the-week show.

Girls with their instructor for the week.

Last Friday we drove to Spring Creek, PA to pick up the girls from their week of horsemanship camp at Miracle Mountain Ranch Missions. They had a great week in all aspects. As I listened to the "sermon on the mount" at the end of the week, I had to fight back tears. When I was younger I envisioned myself as a horse. I'd be so obedient to my trainer. I wanted all of my energy harnessed by my master. I could do it, I thought. Now I realize how very difficult it is to be yielded to God in all of life's circumstances. He likened having the yearling trust him over the tarp to us, as believers, trusting God with whatever we face in life. It's one thing to know it in my head, but to really trust God with what I perceive as impossible -- that's hard! Ahh, what a picture indelibly stamped upon my heart by horse and trainer. May I be so yielded and willing to trust God with my future today!!

No comments: