Friday, February 13, 2009



Ahhh, I haven't made time to blog in quite a while. I think it's the winter duldrums setting in & I don't feel happy enough to say anything. Today was sunny, though! And, I was able to get out of the house. We just finished an afternoon of skiing Elk Mountain. It was somewhat icy due to recent rain, but beautiful! We had 3" of fresh powder this morning. This, after all of our snow at home had melted away. Fortunately, the mountain had a good base of the white stuff! And, the President's Day weekend crowds were there in full force.

As I wait for this video to upload, I will say that school is going. I am not happy with myself due to my lack of requiring quality work from the kids. I am not patient enough to explain the importance of "bumping the lines" in handwriting daily. Too many days I just want to "get 'r done." I have afternoon or evening activities and we need to get done. But, nonetheless, my kids are making progress. We just finished another round of work samples. Testing is coming up. They will do fine, I'm sure. Emily just wrote 3 essays for her PSSA's! That's a record for her! ha ha!

Last but not least, check out Dannah's blog. She's giving away free stuff! And, it's fun to read about what she's doing with tweens & teens. Yours will be there before you know it (if not already!).

Enjoy your long weekend! I plan to sew Easter dresses & quilt since my house isn't terribly messy this Friday...

No comments: