Sunday, April 04, 2010

EASTER SUNDAY
He is risen!  He is risen indeed!  I love the new life of spring ... the hope we have because Christ conquered death ... knowing that Easter IS the answer!


Here's a summary of our Easter in photos:









We lined up the kids before church for a quick shot. 

Here's a quick family shot after church -- thanks Jen for taking time to shoot us!








The Easter bunny smooched me.

I had to include this one for Grandma Jane who likes to capture the grumpy faces!  Someone "stole" the tiny egg she was trying to get. 
And, after the hunt!


And, so that everyone knows, Emily LOST in Spite and Malice :). You can rub that in next time you see her!  We really just spent the rest of our day lounging, folding laundry, playing piano, etc.  I thought about hosting some adopted "extended" family since we are too far away from anyone to celebrate Easter together.  But, it just didn't happen because I don't have my house and meal plan together for hosting these days.  Sigh.  I do miss being with family on days like today.  Praying that my kids all live nearby and come home for Easter'til the day I die!!!  Maybe I should have second thought about the grumpy ones ;)!

2 comments:

Grandma Jane Rose said...

I enjoy occasional grumpy pictures because it depicts the reality of life and we adults can see ourselves in children as they do in us. Sometimes we all need to be reminded that we, too, are grumpy over the tiniest of things. The little ones just aren't afraid to show those around them that when things go wrong in their world a grumpy heart spills out onto the face.

Grandma Jane Rose said...

Your pictures show a happy family on the happiest of days, Easter Sunday. Thank you for sharing that joy with all of us.