Thursday, April 08, 2010



Today was so warm and sunny.  We built a seismograph today, much to Jared's delight.  He was my expert seismologist, as you can hear in the video.  I confess that I am publicizing my ignorance by publishing this video!  I know, I know.  The Richter scale goes up to 10.  And the Chilean earthquake of 1960 registered a 9.5.  I've got that figured out now :). 
On other news, the thunderstorms just rolled through.  We have cool, fresh air and the pitter-patter of rain.  I made pies with Titus this afternoon.  We read a funny book about blueberry pies and then we just had to have one.  He also picked raspberry/blackberry for the second pie.  They were very yummy! 
The snakes are out.  My neighbor saw me throwing rocks in the road.  I hate stepping over live snakes on my jog.  I was trying to hit his head, but I'm not a very good aim when I'm scared.  Okay, I'm not a good aim period.  So, I had a not-so-small pile of rocks in the road!  He told me some good stories about seeing two bears already.  He proceeded on his tractor to my rock pile.  I didn't watch to see if he let it go or rolled over it.  I'm guessing he let it go, but I don't want to know that.
Well, I also made bread dough this afternoon and I must go tend to the that before I crash for the evening.  Time to finish my World magazine!  Goodnight :)

1 comment:

Grandma Jody said...

This is the funniest newscast I've ever seen! I'm sending NBC and CNN to interview all of you for possible jobs with them! GREAT!!!!!
Love,
Grandma Jody