Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Strawberry Day

STRAWBERRY PICKING
Our Green Acres - Owego, NY
Titus and Jared were left alone on the deck with knives while I stepped inside to help Marci jar up the jam.  What was I thinking?  Titus was going to prove that the knife was really dull.  It sliced his thumb really well, just like it does tomatoes.  I couldn't get it to stop bleeding.  I called my favorite nurse, Aunt Jenny.  She said to just tape it up tight.  He's sleeping now.  Maybe I'll super-glue it tomorrow. 

Fresh Strawberry Pie - a June tradition
Ahhhhh, the sound of lids popping.  A clean kitchen (mostly).  Mission accomplished.  Looking forward to sleeping REALLY well tonight to the soft pitter-patter of raindrops on the metal roof of the garage just outside my window.  Fresh air.  Sweet little guinea pigs sleeping in my basement.  All are tucked in.  Emily is having fun at camp.  Dan is still driving to Kentucky to get his gooseneck trailer.  God is good, life is good.

2 comments:

Mama D! said...

I think an on-call nurse should get a jar of strawberry jam! :)

Rose Family Editor said...

I suppose. I just re-filled jars from you! Maybe, if you're good, you'll get a birthday package...