Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer Days at Home

After all that productivity with the strawberries, I was ready for a lazy day.  I insisted on nothing from the kids so that I could read, write letters, study, etc.  It was rejuvenating for me.  This is what they created: a make-shift camper on Daddy's trailer that he now hopes to sell.  (Buyers??!?)  They had a telephone, table ... oh, I forget it all.  But, they were quite content playing on the trailer all morning.  They asked if they could please eat lunch there.  Why not, I thought?!?  So, I made tacos and we carried it down to have a picnic in the "camper."  (Emily is still at camp.  Marci was working for Mrs. Campbell.)
Jared insisted I take this picture so that you could get the "full view."
Today: no more laziness and playing!  I am on a mission to reclaim my house after all year of ignoring cleaning for the sake of school.  Today we tackled 7 windows inside and out!  And, they were all quite enthusiastic about cleaning their windows, mind you.  At least for the first half hour :)!  Well, I had to "tomato stake" one of them next to me for a couple extra windows for whining and complaining, but we did it! 
My most enthusiastic window washer -- love that sparkly clean window ... and that little grin!
We made it to Logan's class on animal tracks by 4pm.  Logan is studying to be a teacher and is preparing his portfolio this summer with excellent activities for the kids.  I'm very grateful my kids get to learn from a gentle, soft-spoken young man instead of ... well, me!  ;)  And, he has their rapt attention!
The class!  Quite the age range and he's doing a superb job.  Go Logan!
This evening we made it back to Montrose to catch the missions conference at church.  The kids had a great time touring different countries in the basement with Mr. and Mrs. Coleman.  Wow.  Upstairs the perimeter was lined with displays of the many different ministries based in Montrose, Pennsylvania displaying how they are reaching out to a world who needs to hear about Jesus. It was so awesome to have an ecumenical worship service.  Reminded me of my days at LeTourneau -- a great missions conference challenging us to pray for God's leading regarding where he'd have us serve him.  Eager to hear Mr. Newbrander's message this Sunday! 
Dan made it home with his new gooseneck trailer.  I really miss Emily who is away at camp. Blogging is therapeutic for me.  She enjoys getting the mail and photos from me, I'm sure!

No comments: