Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Eyes to See


We have a deck full of snow.  A bountiful supply.  If you're gonna have snow, you might as well have enough to have LOTS of fun :).  We do!
 
The roof is iced thick - a picturesque place from this perspective.  It's all about perspective.


Just enough color.  Winter is often so bland, but here the beauty of the red shines brightly.  A bright contrast.

My view from my "top of the mountain" spot.  Thanks to the power lines, we can see the beauty of the rolling hills.  Eyes to see the white fluff of blowing snow, the gentle curves of the landscape and the brightness of a clearing from the trees.

Our fence along the garden.  This fence makes me trek further up the hill than I'd like during the summer months, but it's good.  It deters the deer from entering our garden from this side (I think).  It used to keep horses inside.  Fences hem in.  Being hemmed in is something for which I'm grateful.  I just plain like this picture :).

Emily was so excited to show me this series of shots.  I love my Emily because she sees with different eyes than I do.  I'm grateful for her perspective; all of these shots are hers.  It was the morning after a fresh snow and the sun was out.  I encouraged her to take the camera and go for a hike.  I love our place through her lens.  And, I love love that little face grinning in the bottom reflected back from the mirror just inside the door.  Cool how you can still see the snow-covered branches as well :).
Looking up.  That's it.  If I remember to look up, I'm grateful when I look down & all around.  I love the crisp blue of sky and the various tints of white in clouds, gutter and shimmery icicles.  When I look up I'm reminded of Him who holds all things in His hand -- particularly my surroundings.  He knows the exact place where I live. He placed me here at this time.  He wants me to seek Him.  I choose gratefulness.

No comments: