Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Fabulous Fifteenth

The Judge insists, "No tasting of the icing!"  She, being the cook, was allowed multiple licks.  Hmmmm.  Emily somehow has had the last few birthday meals fall on Tuesday - her day to cook.  This makes me very happy!  She made spaghetti and a raspberry cake.  The cake is superb and moist, if not a little floppy.  But, that's okay.  At least it won't sit on the counter for a couple weeks like the store-bought ones do!  :)

Pretty flowers with the March birthstone: aquamarine.  It was a tradition in my family to have our ears pierced at age 15 and Marci agreed to have hers pierced.  I think the earrings from Aunt Nano at Christmas were an impetus.  I love earrings for their feminity and I'm glad Marci is maturing into a beautiful young lady -- with or without the earrings!  Her daddy told me to remind her of the verses in I Peter that speak about true beauty -- that of a gentle and quiet spirit which is of great worth in God's sight.  (I Peter 3:3 Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. 4 Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. )

Talking to her cute little cousins!!  Such fun conversations :)

Mrs. Reitz - her piano teacher!!  Lately, I've been overcome with sentimentality and have decided I'm going to make it a point to capture all of the things for which I'm grateful.  This dear lady is one wonderful mentor for Marci!  I'm very grateful because she is irreplacable!
More fun mommy memories.  Sometimes it's the daily or weekly things we overlook.  I'm grateful for the weekly trip out for lessons.  Next week I'm going to document the violin lessons!

No comments: